I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow!

We FINALLY got snow - yippee!!!! I think we got between 9 and 10 inches - so for Richmond, that's a lot! My girlfriend said she heard on the news the last 'big' (I'm from NY so I use that term extremely loosely!) snow we got was a whopping four inches in 1995! It was so nice watching it fall yesterday and it really was beautiful to look at today. Zach was beside himself and when he got up this morning he literally went to every window in the house to make sure the snow was completely surrounding the house. By 7:30AM he must have asked me 15 times if it was time to go outside and play yet. Here's a few pictures of him loving the first snow day he can remember:







I really wanted Alex to go outside and experience the snow and to see what all the excitement in the house was about, but I knew she wouldn't like the cold snow blowing on her, and it wasn't like her chair could actually make it out in the snow anyway, so we decided to bring the snow to her. We put her hat and scarf on, turned her chair to face the window so she could see the snow, and Aaron went outside and brought some snow in for her to see and feel...she LOVED it!











No school tomorrow, the kids get to enjoy another snow day. Wish I didn't have to go to work - we had a fun day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna this made me teary! You guys are awesome! I love it that Alex got to enjoy the snow too! She looked so excited. Miss you guys! See ya next week!