I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another Physical Therapy Video!

Today was another great Physical Therapy session with Shannon and Sandra. Watching this video makes me so hopeful for the potential of assisted walking. I know it's far in the future, but if I look back to where she was a year, or even six months ago, she's making such great progress. The fact that she's "graduated" to a walker without a seat is HUGE. Her trunk is really getting stronger and when you watch the video, you can see she's really only getting support through her arms, meaning her trunk and "gluties" are doing the majority of the work. I've pretty much been waiting six years to see this. She's working so hard and I tear up every time I watch this and see her taking those steps - I know it's so hard for her.

5 comments:

Christy said...

OH Donna!!! That made me cry, too! Wow! What amazing work! Seriously, I'm SO excited!! What a great way to end my day!! I can't wait to see what the intensive program can do for her!
Much love,
Christyxoxo

Anonymous said...

That was awesome, You go Allie Bean!!!! Thanks for making sure I saw that!!! :) Give her a big kiss and hug for me! Aunt Dana

Anonymous said...

Oh happy day!!! Nothing will stop her now. Donna , take a bow. You are truly the wind beneath her wings!! Meme & PaPa

Anonymous said...

The hearless one, me Jenni, is crying! I am sooooo proud of my little girl. I can tell she is enjoying every step!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome monment. My heart is full!