I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little Feet Meet

A little post with some exciting news!

The 'typical' age to participate in the Special Olympics is 8 years old. This year the Special Olympics has a program called "Little Feet Meet" for kids who are in Kindergarten thru Second Grade. They can participate in a 25M motorized wheelchair event, 25M wheelchair event, 25M assisted walk, 25M walk/run, tennis ball throw and standing long jump. Miss Bean will be participating on April 24th in her first Little Feet Meet! If anyone's interested in cheering her on, it will be held at Freeman High School from 9AM -1PM!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! How great is that? If her surgery gets rescheduled again, we'll be there!

~Christy

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! I can't wait to see you guys... I'll be there with my whole class!!!

Anonymous said...

Donna that is awesome!! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

We will be closing the office on April 24th from 9am-1pm. We will be there with bells on and our cheering feet! This is soooooo exciting!