I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009 Angelman Syndrome Walk-A-Thon!

What a day! It started quite early - for me - 4:45AM to be exact since we had to be on the road to Columbia Maryland by 6:30AM, but it's been an awesome day! There were 520 registered walkers for the DC/Maryland Walk-A-Thon site (24 cities in all participated today in Angelman Syndrome Walk-A-Thons). I believe there were 56 "Angels" at our walk site alone. Although the weather was cloudy and a little rainy, you would never know it by all of the smiles that lined our walk.


THANK YOU so much to everyone who sponsored our Team Allie Bean - we raised over $1,210.00 towards the very important research needed for Angelman families.

Team Allie Bean was comprised of my dad, Joe DePasquale, my in-laws Joan and John Hayes, my sister-in-law, Rebecca DePasquale, Alex's home based teacher Katie Estes and her mother Linda. I can't thank them enough for their time and total devotion to us today!


Alex was so incredibly great today - she really is a totally different child since we've figured out her source of discomfort with her shoulder and is truly back to her happy self. She was a dream all day today, as was Zachary.

Thank you again to all who sponsored us, and to all of you who love and support us - you have no idea what you mean to us!


Here's a video from the day...

4 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so glad you had an awesome day, and that the weather cooperated - and that Alex is back to her easy-going self! The song is perfect, of course. Talk to you soon!

shannon said...

What a beautiful video! I admire the strength and determination you face each day with Donna! I know it has been a rough few weeks, but a weekend like that lets you know it is all worth it. I loved seeing her walk across the finish line. That is my girl!! God chose you all to be Allie Beans parents and this angle is here to touch all of our lives. Keep your head up as I know it will all come together!
~Shannon

Kasha said...

I am so glad you exceeded your goal and went on to have such a wonderful day! I know that finding a cure is just around the corner, thanks to "Angels" like all of you! Way to go, Team Allie Bean!

Kasha

Ellen P said...

As always ~ your video made me cry. I am so honored to know you all! Hugs and love!