I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

2010 Angelman Syndrome Walk-A-Thon

Yesterday was the annual Angelman Walk in Columbia, MD. A very, very big thank you to everyone who made up Team Allie Bean and made the long drive to be with and support us, we love and appreciate you. A huge thank you to everyone who donated to the walk and Team Allie Bean. We raised over $2,005 for the important research that is underway for Angelman Syndrome and a cure.

Team Allie Bean was made up (from top left down) of my brother-in-law Shane, my sister Dana, Alex's friend Miss Jennifer, my sister-in-law Rebecca, my Aunt Barbara, my dad Joe, my best friend Dana, my mother-in-law Beverly, Me, Aaron, Dana's son Jonah, my niece Emily, my niece Cameron, Alex, Zach, my niece Mary Grace and my niece Abby.


As in the past, it was a special day and one that I look forward to every year. Here's a video from our day - I had posted before about the song that I used - I honestly don't think I could have written down my feelings as well as he's expressed them in the song. Alex is my true angel, I'm so proud to be her mom and I'm so blessed to witness how she touches so many people.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that we could be there and support Alex.

Jennifer said...

What an awesome video and what an amazing day that was! Donna thank you so much for letting me be apart of your family and Allie Beans lives. I love you all.

Christy said...

Loved the montage! Looks like you had a beautiful day - all around!

Congratulations!

Dara and Jerry said...

Donna - What a beautiful video. It was a wonderful day and I feel blessed to have been there too. It is one of those days where you feel very special to be part of a "club", the club of Angels. God smiled down on all of us on Saturday!