I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Zach's First Sleep Over!

Zach had his first sleep over Friday night with his buddy Murphy. Murphy packed his pirate costume, so right off the bat we were off to a good start! Aaron had set up Zach's firehouse tent and the boys were excited they were going to get to sleep in their sleeping bags in the tent. I have to say after Christy and Tom (Murphy's parents) left, I didn't know what to do with myself for the first two hours...I'm so used to being Zachary's constant source of entertainment that with Murphy there it wasn't Mom, Mom, Mom...! Zach finally crashed at 11:15 and Murphy at about 11:30 ~ but they were right back up and playing again at 6:15!

They had such a good time playing together that I have to admit it made me really sorry that Zach doesn't have anyone to actually play with like that on a regular basis - he didn't want to take Murphy home on Saturday!

Murphy's sister Harlie has a lot of medical issues (if you want to read an awesome blog and read about her story you can visit Christy's blog at http://www.lifesinceharlie.blogspot.com/) so being around Alex didn't phase him in the least. Before he left Saturday he went to where Alex was laying in the living room and talked to her and then pushed a few buttons on some of her toys to make her laugh. He looked at me and said - I always make the baby's smile - she likes me! Oh, and right before Murphy left he said he wanted to come back for another sleep over and was looking at the pictures I have hung on our walls and asked if the next time he came over I could have his picture up on the wall too...too funny! :)


The two pirates!


The boys in their tent - how cute are they?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Very cute.

Murphys Dad.