I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Checking In

Sorry for he long delay between posts. We are all doing well. Aaron and I spent an amazing, RELAXING week in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. (Pics to follow soon).  There was NO Internet connection so there were no work emails to check, no distractions, just rest and relaxation. The resort we stayed at was phenomenal, there was nothing we could have asked for that they didn't have. There were chocolates, fruits and wines left in our room at night, fresh flowers in our room every day, delicious meals - even a massage on the beach...but most importantly it was time for us to reconnect and enjoy each others company.  It's so easy to take each other for granted when your lives are so hectic and you seem to be always running in the opposite direction.  I appreciated this trip more than any other trip we've taken together in the past. 

The kids had a good week with MeMe and Papa.  In true MeMe and Papa fashion, we came home to a clean house, meals in the fridge, flowers planted in the front, mailbox post painted - AND, if you remember my post about the snow flakes my dad hung above Alex's bed - they were changed out for really awesome butterflies!  I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are so, so grateful to have the family that we do.  We appreciate them more than we can express.

Needless to say I'm feeling really relaxed and blessed this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know of a pair of people who deserve a beautiful, restful vacation more than you two. I am glad you were able to enjoy it!

Ellen