I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Excitement From Yesterday!

So after a great Little Feet Meet we all went out for lunch.  We were going to go to a Steak House, but Alex was rather 'vocal' after her exciting day so I thought it would be best if we just opted for the food court at the mall.  As a side note, we found out Alex LOVES oranges.  My mom and I were eating orange slices when she grabbed my mom's hand and pulled the orange toward her mouth - she sunk her teeth into the orange and that was that - I think she had 3 wedges total - loved it :)



When we were done eating we decided to walk around a little bit and I decided I wanted to go to Claires - to get ALEX'S EARS PIERCED!!!!  I've been wanting to do it for years, but Aaron always talked me out of it by saying she has enough poking and prodding, and that's the last thing she needed.  But Aaron wasn't with us at the mall :)  Only my other cohorts who were convincing me to do it!

So we tried on some tiaras.....



And then got the process started!!



You seriously have to fill out more paperwork and sign in more spots than you do when you leave a hospital with a newborn!



We were explaining to Alex what we were doing and that it might hurt a little....she doesn't look too sure, does she??


So we marked her ears where the earrings were going to go...



Double checked to make sure they were even...

And TADA!!!!  They did both of her ears at the same time which I think is great.  She was a little confused as to what was going on, but she didn't even flinch when they did it!


She has really cute crystal daisies....and they sit completely flat on her ear so she can't mess with them or get them caught on anything.



When it was all said and done we all were making a huge deal about it - teasing she was a "tween" since she's now double digits - and she loved every minute of it!!



The whole time we were there everyone was making comments about Aaron and what he was going to do/say.  No one wanted to be in any of the pictures because they didn't want evidence they were there :)  On the way home we decided we wouldn't say a word and just see how long it took him to realize they were pierced.  When we got home he was already home, but he was on the phone, so I figured we were good for a bit - but as soon as I wheeled her in he came over to give her a kiss, looked at her, shook his head with a BIG GRIN and mouthed Oh My God, You Didn't!  I could tell from the big grin on his face he thought it was great - and he did!! 

It isn't that often I get to enjoy a totally typical mother/daughter experience.   Yesterday we did just that, and I loved and savored every minute!!


2 comments:

Christy said...

That's awesome! Love them! And love that Aaron wasn't mad at you. I can't wait to see them in person!

Anonymous said...

I think I can say that all of us reading this post were instantly thinking about Aaron. :) So glad he liked them and that you two were able to share a mommy daughter moment. She looks soooo cute in earings!