I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Celebrity Reader

On Friday my dad volunteered to go to Alex's classroom to be the celebrity reader. None of us said anything to Alex about her beloved Papa coming to school, so she was so excited when my dad snuck up behind her and did their special little whisper. Not only was her Papa there, but he read her most favorite book of all time to the class....Dogs Colorful Day - I have no idea what it is about that book that gets her so excited, but she LOVES it! I take that back, I know part of it is that Dog gets all messy during his day and at the end of the book he gets a bath - and that is CLEARLY her most favorite page...one of the characteristics of Angelman Sydrome is a major fascination with water - bathing Alex is quite a feat because she goes absolutely manic in the shower, so I suppose she's just really excited for dog that he's getting bathed! After the book it was time for the chocolate chip cookies that Papa brought for the class to enjoy - I think Alex thought she died and went to heaven!




Seriously, can you not feel the love there?!?

Changing gears for a second - Saturday night I was getting Zach ready for bed and he said "Mommy, is crap a bad word?" To which I replied, "Yes, Zach, that is a bad word and not appropriate for you to use" to which he replied, "Well sorry, it just what I feel like right now"! It's times like that when you know you shouldn't laugh to encourage the behavior but I couldn't help it and busted out laughing! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh she looks so excited to see her papa!!! that is SO awesome! love the after cookie pictures too!