I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What A Busy Day!

Intensive Therapy for Alex started at 9:30AM, Zachary had a half day of school and got out at 11:15, therapy was over at 12:30, home for a real quick nap, then off to feeding therapy at 2:45, Zach to the dentist at 3:00, then Alex to the dentist when Zach was done at 4:00...whew. I normally take Alex and Zach to the dentist across the hall from our pediatrician, but since our dentist is 40 minutes from the house, I decided to try the dentist at Children's Hospital since Alex was there any way for feeding therapy and I could get three appointments done at the same time to try and save some time, and travelling.

The dentist, Dr. Bortel, at Children's Hospital was phenomenal, she was amazing with the kids. For some strange reason, Zach was really excited to get to the dentist - I'm not sure if it's because Alex always is the one that has an appointment to get to that he thought it was pretty cool that he actually he had somewhere to be, but either way I'll take it because he had zero anxiety about going.



All clean!


Alex thought the whole process was completely hysterical - I think it was the suction tube that she thought was so funny - but because she has so much drool, she tends to have a lot of tartar build up. The dentist wanted to use a deep suctioning tool on her, but because she's an aspiration risk, she couldn't so she asked me to hold her head and just scraped away the old fashion way.




Overall, the dentist was a big hit with both kids!

Tomorrow is another busy day - Intensive Therapy from 9:30 until 12:30 and then we have to head back to Children's Hospital for Alex's Feeding Clinic appointment at 1PM. I'm anxious to see how this appointment goes since it's her evaluation, and the last time we went she had actually lost weight. Her eating has been so great that I'm really going to be discouraged if she hasn't gained anything - no pressure or anything!

No comments: