I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Alex's BFF

Alex's respite worker, Jennifer (I hate calling her that - more like Alex's buddy!) and her best friend Jule's 'buddy', Sarah are sisters and last week they wanted to get the girls together to have a quasi slumber party. They were both in their pajamas and they had dinner together, did an awesome art project together, played and watched a movie. It is really heartwarming to see how much the girls enjoy each others company. Any time Jule can, she crawls as close to Alex as she can and they just smile, giggle and 'talk' to each other. I never tire of seeing the two of them together.

Here's Jule and Alex as soon as they got to our house...






Here's the girls watching Elmo - I laugh at this picture because they're both staring at the TV, both have their legs up and both have their chewy's in their mouth...two peas in a pod!


And here are the girls 'talking' to each other...


...and clearly enjoying their time together!!


I love this picture of Alex working on her homemade tambourine - just look at the concentration on her face - NOT to mention the fact that she's actually HOLDING the marker - fine motor skills at their finest!!




I think it's safe to say that Alex had the best time!!
Thank you so much Jennifer and Sarah - you guys ROCK - we love you!!!!!

3 comments:

Miss Katie said...

I love everything about this post and I totally gasped out loud and cried a tear when I saw how great he was holding that marker. I love it... Love love love love it

Anonymous said...

How cool ~ clearly very good friend!
Hugs to all ~ ellen!

Anonymous said...

How cool ~ clearly very good friend!