I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Really Touched

Last night when I logged on to my blog I found this comment left on a post:

"Hi, my name is Maegan and I am 14 years old. Recently my biology teacher asked us to write a children's book about a genetic disorder, so I chose Angelman Syndrome. In doing my research, I came across your blog. I was so inspired by Alex's story that I decided to base my book on her, and I dedicated it to her and your whole family. She is an amazing girl, and I think she's doing absolutely great. Tell her to keep up the good work, and I'll be praying for your family."

----Love always, Maegan R.

How sweet is that? I really can't tell you how touched I am by that. It's weird sometimes when you think about having a blog and not knowing who is reading all about our life. We all know how special Alex is, but to know that she's touching people we have no direct relationship with is really inspiring for me.

So Maegan, if you're reading this, thank you so much for your comment, you have really touched my heart. I would love for you to contact me and I would LOVE to ready the story you wrote. Thank you for choosing Angelman Syndrome as your topic and helping to spread awareness!

1 comment:

Maegan Reynolds said...

This is Maegan. I am now 16, and a Junior in the Health sciences program at m high school. Alex's story has stuck with me the last two years, so when I was asked to choose a genetic disorder to research for my Hereditary Medicine final, I knew exactly what I would choose. :) I'm excited to share with a whole new group of people just how awesome Alex is to so many.