I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, June 8, 2009

A Little R&R!

Last week we had our family beach week in Corolla, NC. It was so nice to get away - and the timing couldn't have been better considering how we spent the week before! Alex was feeling better and the sea air did wonders for her - she slept like a champ the entire week. I'm sure some of it also had to do with being so sick the week before and she was playing catch up. Despite some mishaps, vacation was great and I really enjoyed spending time away with my family. My parents cooked for us breakfast, lunch and dinner, and truly catered to all of us - I'm blessed to have such a caring family.

Zach had the best time playing with his cousins all week. He is NOT a fan of the ocean though! His cousins were riding their boards in the surf but this is how Zach opted to do it...a direct quote from him..."Now this is what I call surfing!"

"Surfing"

I asked him on the way home what his favorite part of his vacation was and he said spending so much time with all of his family. Sigh, that boy just knows how to go directly to my heart!

Pool Time!

Alex loved her vacation - she had her favorite man Papa with her all week, and water to splash in...life was good! My brother and sister-in-law took her out "four wheeling" on the beach and I wish I could have captured her face when she looked out the window of the car and saw the ocean right there. It was a real treat for her because none of the other kids got to go riding on the beach - just her.


Loving 4-Wheeling on the Beach!

Loving the Beach!



Zach learned how to swim without floaties! And boy was he a fish all week...!





I took over 200 pictures and wish I could post them all, but here are just a few...



MeMe and Papa with Alex on the Beach


My Mom and My Uncle

My Brother and Sister-In-Law


My Sister and Mr. Shane


Building a Sand Castle with Papa

One of my favorite pictures


Zach and his bucket


Fun on the beach


Cousins!


My two tired men!


Fun on the beach

LOVING the pool!!


Switching gears, our good friends Christy and Tom are in DC with their daughter Harlie today for her third open heart surgery...as you read this, please stop and say prayer for Harlie's speedy recovery with no complications, and strength for Christy and Tom - who we think are pretty amazing.

Harlie

No comments: