I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Totally Random

No rhyme or reason to this post.  Just totally random thoughts/pics.  I was telling my friend the other day that sometimes I just blog because I don't have time to do the things I liked to do before my life got so crazy to capture our moments in time like scrap book anymore.  For all intensive purposes, my blog is my scrap book.  I print my blog into a hard covered book every year and some day when Zach or Zach's children want to know what life was like, he'll have something tangible to go by. 
 
Alex is doing really good with all of her therapy.  A few weeks ago she got to take a break from the stretching and standing and got to ride the bike.  This picture makes me smile.
 
 
One of Zach and Aaron's favorite past time is spending time together at their hunt club.  A few weekends ago they went and had a boys weekend while Alex and I had a fun girls weekend at home.  
 
One of the things I had been wanting /needing to do was get Alex's food ready for school.  Alex gets two feedings via her feeding tube each day (sometimes more based on the amount she can consume by mouth) but for the most part she will eat two blenderized meals at school -  the last thing I want to have to do is think about adding that chore to the end of each day!  I got a great jump start on her meals and had about three weeks worth ready to freeze - each night I just pull out the next days meal from the freezer and she's good to go.  
 
 
The next morning when she got up I brought her into my room - there is something about my room that gets her crazy excited.  She screams so loud and flaps her arms like crazy so she loved every minute of it!

 
We played a few games on her I-pad and snuggled for a bit.  It was such a calm/relaxing morning with her.

 
We got dressed and moved the party to the living room where we played with a few of her favorite toys and read her favorite books.  She's loved the same two books since she was about three years old and they never get old.  She gets just as excited every time.




The next morning we spent some good quality time out on the porch.  She let me paint her toe nails and I even got to bedazzle them with some little diamond stickers :)

 
I think this is probably my most favorite picture of her in a long time.  When I looked back through the pictures I had taken of her that morning it hit me just how grown up looking she is lately.


She is certainly a tween, no denying it.


On to my littlest love. 

 
So far so good in 4th grade.  He is loving his teachers and really having a good time.  He's been great about doing his homework and doing his reading.  I walked in his room the other day and he was sitting on his bed reading and next to him were his two favorite bears and he had books open in front them reading with him :)


He is SUPER excited that he was picked to be one of the bus safety monitors this year.  He had to write an essay at the end of last year on why he would like the assignment and couldn't wait for the school year to start to find out if he got it. 


Last but not least for this post - Rudy.  Ole Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruity is a handful!  He's definitely all that a puppy is cracked up to be...and he is definitely a chewer - so I try to keep him entertained with toys and bones, but he absolutely destroys any stuffed toy we get him within minutes.  His last casualty only took about 4 minutes before he met his demise!
 
 
Alex uses a pacifier when she goes to sleep.  The other day I was getting ready to lay her down and I knew I had brought the pacifier in with me but couldn't find it....only to look up on the couch....
 
 
 He's a mess. 
 
 

 
 

But he's just so stinking cute you can't help but to love him!

No comments: