I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Date Night With My Favorite Little Man!

From the time Zach was two years old he loved the movie the Wizard of Oz.  It's always been one of my favorites.  Back in the day before VCR's and DVD's (how bad am I aging myself?!?) we had to wait ALL YEAR LONG for it to come on TV - and it always came on around Thanksgiving time and the excitement year after year always grew - just ask my sister about our family memories of the Wizard of Oz.  Or my Dad...(inside joke). :)

Zach would watch the movie over and over and over.  He was never afraid of the witch or the flying monkey's.  He was prime time in LOVE with one Dorothy Gale.  Or as he called her at the time "Dorfey".  Just thinking about it makes me smile. 

When he was three months shy of his third birthday my mom and I took him to see the play at one of the local theatres.  We had front row center seats - and I was a little bit afraid of how well he would be able to sit through the performance given his age and the fact that the show didn't even start until 7PM, but he sat with his eyes fixated on that stage the whole entire time and soaked up every single minute of it.  When the play was over the cast was out in the lobby and you could wait in line to take pictures with them - even at two years old Zach knew to be shy around his crush and his face was like, "Mom - you are seriously cramping my style and embarrassing me! " (It's only going to get worse buddy, I can promise you that!) :)


Back when I actually thought I would be able to keep up scrap books for both of my kids...(I honestly never even fished the adjoining "The Wizard" page!)


Fast forward 6 years and it is the 75th anniversary of the movie.  For one week only it is here in the IMAX movie theatre in 3D - and oh yes, date night with my little love is on! 
 
I did not realize how expensive our little outing was going to be!
 

$31 for two tickets~geez!!  Of course then there is the obligitory popcorn and box of Reeses Pieces!  I think I paid more to go to the movies than we did the theatre!

He's worth it though - we were both super excited when the movie started.  And then I embarrassed him by singing.  See, I told you it would get worse! 

 
A great memory made today - well I hope for him - definitely for me! :)

No comments: