I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sergeant Hayes!

Last Thursday was the official promotion ceremony for Aaron!
 
 
Alex got a new dress, we straightened her hair and was she was ready to go watch her Daddy get his new badge!
 

She looks so grown up these days.


 
Although she was there for her Daddy, she still had to give lots of her loving to her Papa!
 
But she had enough to go around :)

Zach and I got to pin Aaron's new badge on him and that was an honor for both of us.

It was such a big day for him and obviously we are all SO proud of him!
 



Aaron's dad was on vacation but left and drove 11 hours just to be with us for the ceremony.  A true gift of love. 

 
Zach very much enjoyed seeing his grandpa and we're looking forward to their visit in a few weeks!

 
After the ceremony we dropped off one tired little girl with her favorite BFF Ms. Jennifer (it was very cute to watch Alex interacting with her - clearly she had a lot to say to her!  Thanks Jennifer!!) and we headed out do dinner to celebrate. 
 
I love this picture of all the boys!
 
Me and my mom


On Friday he got to pick up his new car!

It will be interesting to see how we all adjust to his new schedule, but we couldn't be happier and we are SO proud of his accomplishment!!

3 comments:

fiadamom said...

Wow!! Proud of your hubby and happy for you and your family! Congratulations all around!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He has truly earned it and Henrico County is a MUCH safer place with his working it. Thank you for your service Arron.

Anonymous said...

I am anonymous ~ ellen!