I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Zach!

On Sunday we celebrated Zach's 9th birthday.  Seems very hard to believe this is his last single digit birthday.  Everyone always tells you to enjoy the time when your kids are young because it goes so fast - and you think to yourself, yep, okay, sure.  But one day they are in a bouncy seat, then toddling around  in pre-school, then they are in kindergarten and then before you know you they are 9!


He woke up super excited and kept saying, "Come on, let's get my day started!"


His Grandma Bev and cousin Jack were visiting from New York to help celebrate his birthday.

We opened a few presents....

...and read some cards....

...Zach's loves playing basketball  and he's been playing in our driveway on a plastic Fisher Price basketball net that he's had since he was about 3 - so it's about time he graduated to a big boy net!  Unfortunately we waited too long to order it and it didn't arrive on time, so we had to show him a picture of it on my phone...but he was excited nonetheless!


He was a happy boy :)

 
After presents the birthday boy requested pancakes and bacon. 
 
So we sang a little Happy Birthday and made a wish on a pancake :)

The birthday boy and his Sissy :)

After breakfast we all got ready to head to the pool for his pool party with his friends and our family.   I am SO thankful we had good weather.  All week they were calling for a 60% chance of thunder storms and rain and I did not have a Plan B - I had 20 kids coming so I was hoping and praying the weather would hold out and I'm so happy it did! 
 
Alex got to come out of her casts and enjoyed some pool time with her Daddy.

 

And Jack had fun swimming with his Uncle and cousin too!

 If you read my post about his camouflage room, then the picture of his cake will come as no surprise!   Nothing says happy birthday like a few deer!
 
He loved his birthday serenade...
 
...and made another wish!

He really does have a GREAT group of friends!

He wanted to cut the whole cake himself.  Clearly I'm not ready to let go that much :)

Family picture time.

Grandma Bev and Jack
 
 
MeMe and Papa

Aunt Dana, Uncle Shane and cousins Abby, Cameron and Emily
 

My favorite part of his birthday was the end of the night.  We had just come home from a great dinner that our friends Leslie and Scott made for all of us.  He came into my room and sat on the end of my bed and was talking about his party and what a great day he had.  If you read this on facebook sorry for the repeat, but how can I not repeat what he said?!?  He thanked me for his party and said thank you for my best present...which present is that I asked?  My life he said.

Happy 9th Birthday Little Man.  You bring us so much joy.  And yes, no matter how old you are, you will always be my little man.

No comments: