I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th!

We started yesterday out being pretty lazy with no plans.  We exercised Alex a bunch because her hamstrings are just SO tight and she refuses to extend her legs all the way and stand.  When we try to stand her up she pulls her legs completely up underneath her so we wind up with her knees on the floor. 
 
Doesn't look too thrilled with us, does she?!?

 
 After a bunch of stretching exercises we put her knee immobilizers on her to force her to stand up with her legs somewhat straight....even with the immobilizers on we can't get her legs 100% straight.

 She did really well tolerating it for 20 minutes - Aaron and I didn't let her get bored with a toy long enough for her to realize she wasn't having fun!






It just KILLS me how flat footed she is - and how her feet just naturally go in the most unnatural position.

By the time we were done with all of that we had made plans to spend the later part of the afternoon with Dara and Jerry and the girls. 

Alex had SO much fun hanging out with her BFF.  As soon as we got there she got in the pool - a little cold at first!

But then it was all good!

This picture of her and Jerry just cracks me up!!

Once the chattering teeth started we left the pool and headed for the hot tub.  I totally think Santa needs to bring us a hot tub - she LOVES it - the heat (which after all the stretching we did I KNOW it felt good) and the bubbles - oh my goodness the bubbles are funny! :)  She and Daddy had a good old time!



 


After the hot tub she got to do her next favorite thing...swing!  We totally need to get her swing fixed too - I don't think about things like that until I see what a GREAT time she's having.  It's not very often I have pictures of her with her hair down....her hair is so curly!




Zach showed off his mad skills in basketball while Alex was swinging :)


After dinner it was finally dark and time for some little fireworks and sparklers!  I always had sparklers on the 4th of July so I really wanted us to have some this year. 
 
Jerry gave Alex a sparkler and I just love the look on her face.

 
She was mesmerized by it.
 
 
We all had fun with the sparklers, actually!

 

 

We did a few little fireworks and Alex really seemed to like all of it.


 

She watched very intently...

And would get excited when they were over.

 
 
 Alex typically wakes up very early every morning - so consequently she's very ready for bed between 5:30 and 6:00.  She works really hard during the day doing things we take for granted so she's exhausted.  Last night she was up until 10:30!  And she loved every minute of it.  We didn't get to enjoy the fire pit because she started to get grumpy right towards the end - but for most of the day we were pretty 'typical'....and it was awesome :)


 HAPPY 4TH!

No comments: