I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I got to spend Father's Day with a bunch of pretty amazing dads.  First and foremost, my Dad.  Thank you Dad for all that you do.     

                    

Even yesterday, you didn't get a break and you never complain about all the tasks we assign you with!  Thank you for the delicious barbecue.


The love you have for our Allie Bean is second to none and anyone who has seen the two of you together can't help but to notice or comment on the obvious special bond the two of you share.  We all know that Alex is a great judge of  character.   From the food you make her to the phone conversations you have with her to the butterflies or snowflakes that you hang above her bed to the ramp you made to make it easier to get her in the house and everything else in between that you do, thank you.  Most importantly, thank you for loving her so unconditionally.  I love you!

 The un-denying look of adoration on her face says it all.

We had a nice barbecue at my parents and we got to spend time with my brother-in-law Shane.
Not only is Shane a good dad and step-dad, but he's doing a pretty fine job of kicking some cancer butt.  We are praying he finished his last round of chemo last week but we wont know for sure until after an appointment tomorrow, so for all of my praying friends, a prayer right about now would be most welcomed. 
Of course then there is my husband.  I honestly couldn't have asked for a better person to share this journey with.  He is such an involved father whose love for his children is evident.  Without hesitation he'll head to play basketball or go fishing or bike riding or any other request Zach has after working all day.  He's Alex's cheer leader.  The first one up at 5:30 every morning to give Alex her medicines and start her tube feeding.  The one who changes out her g-tube and any other "icky" job I don't want to do and will make any accommodations for her.  You would go to the ends of the earth for our kids and I love you for that and for the dad that you are.  We are truly blessed to have you.  Thank you for all that you do for our family.
I hope you enjoyed your little cat nap yesterday!
(I gave him that shirt as one of his Father's Day presents - couldn't resist!)
Happy Father's Day guys!!!

After my parents house we went to our friends Dara and Jerry's house.  They have four girls and two of their girls have special needs and Jerry is an amazing dad to those girls who would do anything for them as well.


Their daughter Jule is Alex's BFF - they love spending time together and often have their own little conversations - it's quite cute to watch them interact.

When we were about to leave, Jule bent over to give Alex a kiss.  It was the sweetest thing.

I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day.  A special Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law John as well. The miles between us all has always made it challenging to spend holidays and birthdays together, but we are thankful for all that you do even from all those miles away.  Thank you for being such an involved Dad and raising your son to be the kind of man who respects his wife and is hands on with his children.  We love you!

No comments: