I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Camping - YURT STYLE!

A little late, but I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!! Aaron and I took the kids to stay with my parents who were on vacation and staying in a yurt. While we weren't quite sure what to expect, it was actually very cool and we had a great time!

The outside...



The inside was really modern for a 'tent'!


Zach had so much fun horse back riding....








...and swimming in the pool - I swear that boy is part fish! :)

Sissy had her Papa and a pool, what more could a girl ask for?!?



While we only stayed there for one night, my parents were staying the whole week. I don't think anyone would have gotten any sleep if we had stayed any longer! Alex was up pretty much the WHOLE night - she finally settled down around 3:30AM and at 4:00AM, Zach (for the first time ever), fell out of bed and hit the hard wood floor...so after 25 minutes of screaming, ice and some aspirin, we all tried to get back to sleep (it is technically a tent after all so you can hear EVERYTHING!) but Alex decided we should all get up at 6:00AM anyway!

Mom was sad when we packed up the car (she is seriously a glutton for punishment!) - she literally waited on us hand and foot the entire time we were there...she always wants to make sure we are "relaxing" so she takes so much on herself. Zach wanted to go to the playground, no problem, MeMe will take him so Mommy can read...Zach wanted to go back to the pool, no problem, MeMe will take him so Mommy can rest...not to mention the food...shrimp cocktails, steaks, BB-Q chicken, Italian sausage and peppers, french toast, hash and eggs......I was sad to leave!

Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us 'invade' and for taking such good care of us! :)

No comments: