I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Very Busy Weekend!

Definitely a whirl-wind weekend!!!

Friday morning started with my sister getting married! It was a small ceremony in the backyard that was absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for the both of them. Welcome to the family Shane!

The Beautiful Bride!




Mr. and Mrs. Shane Mann!

The Mann/and half the DePasquale Clan!


After the ceremony we had a delicious lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

The happy couple before they leave for their honeymoon weekend!


Friday evening I had girls night out. I honestly don't think I've laughed that hard in a very long time! I am so incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends in my life. Aaron and I have such a wonderful support system in the friends (and family) we have and we are truly thankful for each and every one of you. Your love, care, and support mean the world to us.



On to Saturday...we attended a wine gala to benefit the Richmond Hope Foundation, which is where Alex goes for intensive physical therapy. Despite the weather, it was a great turnout and we really had a great night out with friends and family.



There was a silent auction at the gala and I had bid on a hope necklace that I loved - it has a hope charm to signify all of the children that go to Hope Therapy. I placed my bid and then went on with the rest of the night and never went back to look at what the bids had gone up to. But my dad did, and as the auction was about to close, my dad handed me money and told me that he wanted to make sure I got the necklace so he kept bidding for me. I was really touched - thank you Dad!


Jennifer, our respite worker was going to spend the night Saturday. Aaron had gone out earlier that day and apparently got us a hotel room. You might recall I had the swine flu and our 10 year wedding anniversary plans were ruined. He said he wanted to some how make up for it so not only did he get the hotel room, but when I walked in, he had candles lit all around the room, rose petals on the bed, one long stemmed rose on the pillow and a bottle of champagne. After 10 years of marriage and all we have endured, I feel very lucky that he still tries to do things to make me feel special.



On to Sunday...!

Zach had his final Fall Ball T-Ball game and trophy ceremony. He got to be the pitcher, which was pretty exciting!




After the game we went to our friend's the Woodrum's for what's turning into our traditional Sunday night dinner. Jerry and Dara have two daughter's with Angelman Syndrome and Jule, their oldest Angel, and Alex LOVE to spend time together. They are so funny to watch together - they smile, giggle. "talk" and flap their hands at each other. Alex knows when we get close to their house and she gets so excited.



They just got their second English Mastiff puppy, Lanie, that was loving all over Alex - Alex wasn't really quite sure what to make of her, especially when she laid down on her head!!


Probably the best part of the day was when Aaron and Jerry were riding the four wheelers. Alex kept staring at the four wheeler and flapping her hands so I told Aaron he should take her for a ride...she LOVED it! You could hear her squealing all the way down the driveway (which is about a mile long!) It was so cool to see her doing something so typical - and something she was clearly enjoying! She actually held on to the handle bars and was standing up - by herself - as to say let's get this thing moving again!!






It was an awesome weekend!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

i LOVE that last picture... she is so amazing... Glad you finally had your anniversary celebration :-)

Sherri and Jenni said...

WOW!!