I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Recap

So....here's a little recap of our last two weeks. Aaron went to his hunt club to clear some land for the upcoming hunting season two weeks ago. By that night it was clear that he had a pretty bad case of chiggers and seed ticks. Four sleepless nights for both of us with his constant itching. Monday I had to take him to the doctor, because he had so many bites, his body had a serious reaction. Uggh!! Thursday comes, and Zachary starts with the pneumonia. Uggh!!! Tuesday comes and I get diagnosed with the swine flu. Uggh!!! I literally quarantined myself in my bedroom for five days because I was scared to death that Alex would get it. So it was totally up to Aaron to take care of me, and the kids. Uggh!!! Friday the school calls that Alex got off the bus in a complete sweat and they think she has a fever so they called Aaron to come and pick her up. We think it was just that the bus had the heater on because after we had her home she seemed fine - BUT we were panicked that she had a fever and the start of something brewing was coming. Thankfully, she was fine. Friday was our ten year weeding anniversary and Aaron (for the first time ever) planned a surprise getaway for the two of us and arranged for his mother to fly in to take care of the kids. I'm still contagious so he has to cancel all of his plans. Uggh!!! Monday I went to the grocery store and was obviously on another planet. The spot in front of me was clear, so instead of backing out, I decided to drive through, only I forgot that I was parked next to a cement light pole and scraped the whole front side of my car! Uggh!!! Today I went back to the doctor because my back was still really hurting and my cough was getting worse. Uggh!!! My doctor put me on the Z-Pack and when I went to fill my prescription the pharmacist said "Man, you guys have really had a time of it". Pretty sad when your pharmacist recognizes you and doesn't even have to ask your name anymore! After I had lunch today I got and ungodly shooting pain in the right side of my mouth...it literally dropped me to my knees and made me cry. It subsided after about 5 minutes, but there was still a dull throb. Later I got Zachary off the bus and we started a game of Sorry while we snacked on Graham Crackers and milk. Ten minutes later I had the same shooting pain in my mouth and was crying when I called my dentist. They agreed to see me but I had to be there in the next 30 minutes....great, the dentist is almost 25 minutes away! So I load the kids up and off we go. After an exam that made me come off the chair and cry and some X-rays the dentist said I had severe nerve damage in one of my teeth and needed a root canal...which I obviously couldn't do since I had both kids with me! So he gave me a prescription for pain medicine and I go in Friday morning for the start of my dreaded root canal. Uggh!!!

So that's what we've been dealing with on top of all of the not so normal day to day drama we deal with!! Oh, and last night Zach's hermit crab "Pinchey" died! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So, if you you're reading this and think you've had a bad day, think again!!!

I just have to smile and laugh at all the drama that has ensued the last two weeks. I can't change it, and it could be worse I suppose. While I desperately want off this major roller coaster ride and wish Calgon was real and could take me away, this is how it is...for better or worse!!! I can only pray my next posts have nothing to do with illnesses or pains!!!

3 comments:

Heather Lewis said...

umm. . can I buy you a drink? or 20??

Donna said...

Tell me when and where!!! :)

Ruby :) said...

When it rains it pours and this sounds like a monsoon!! Your joy in the midst of trials is such an encouragement. God will see you through the valley and up to the mountain tops - like "no more tube feedings" and Zach's quotes - looking into the faces of your children is looking into the face of God - they sure are precious!