I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Going Crazy!

I started this post last week, but couldn't get around to finishing it!

So apparently we had a leak under our dishwasher.  And apparently it had been going on for quite sometime.  At first I felt like we were at the end of the movie ET with the big plastic wrap quarantining the area in the kitchen.  It had two really loud dryers that after day 2 was on my nerves.  But Alex and mold DON'T mix so we had to do what we had to do. 


 
 
Then we learned the whole floor was going to have to be ripped up.  Suddenly the loud noise didn't seem like a big deal!  So everything had to be removed from all of the cabinets.


So my dining room looks like this...


 


...and my living room looks like this....
 
Alex apparently likes living in chaos :)

My garage like this...
 
 
And my kitchen now looks like this!



Obviously I can't cook - so we either have to go out to eat or order in.  And since Alex goes to bed so early, we've mostly been ordering in - which has mortified me every time a delivery person comes to the door - I know they're thinking we should be on the next episode of Hoarders....I can hear them now..."dude, these people had stuff piled everywhere - and they had a refrigerator in their living room!"  Honestly, I feel like I'm on an episode of Hoarders!  And if you know Aaron, you KNOW how much this is driving him insane! 

We're all so out of sorts - even the dog is confused - I hate it - I don't like chaos!  And I had about 2 days to prep enough food for Alex for 7-10 days.  It's no problem for us to have to eat out - but it's not like I can drive thru Taco Bell and give her some nachos or something!  It's not easy blending 27 meals in two days - trust me!!! 

I'm so ready for everything to be back in its place...it's truly driving me crazy!! :)

We checked into the hospital today for Alex's seizure monitoring.  It's been a long day so more to come tomorrow.

No comments: