I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Merry Christmas!

A little late, but I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  We enjoyed lots of family time and that's one of the things I love most about this time of year.  We hosted Christmas Eve dinner at our house and exchanged some presents.
 

Zach was quite happy to go first!

More stuff to be just like Daddy - thanks Uncle Danny and Aunt Rebecca!
 


His expressions crack me up - we are VERY into football right now so receiving a box of football cards with all the 2012 NFL players was extremely exciting - Thanks Aunt Dana and Uncle Shane!

And the camera he had been dying for...thank you MeMe and Papa!
 
 
Here are a few pictures of Alex with her brother and cousins...you can see in these pictures how dazed she was - and also the movements she was constantly doing with her mouth.








I'm happy to report since coming down from the increased dose in her medicine that we have our happy girl back.
 
 My niece Abby

My niece Emily

 

 
Sisters!

 

My sister-in-law Rebecca

My brother Danny

My B-F-F Dana

My sister Dana
 
My brother-in-law Shane


Me and Emily
 


Uncle Danny being silly

Sibling Love!

 
Cousins!


Trying to keep Alex happy :(



I love spending so much time with the family, and I know the kids love it too.


Christmas Day Santa was very good to the kids.  We had a nice morning at home and then headed to my sister's house for dinner - but I really don't have pictures because like I said in my last post, it was a bad day for Alex and our afternoon was cut short.



Every year Zach helps Alex open her presents before he will open any of his.  He's so good to her.



Finally, some sort of  a smile!
 

 


 
Trying to get her to engage in opening her presents.
 
 
And the crying begins!

For the most part, this is how she spent the time at my sisters.







This is the one shot of her that Aaron got that I love.

 
My mom has so many pictures from both days - I'm hoping to grab her  memory card at some point!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. 

More to come on Zach's favorite gift.... :)

No comments: