I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, September 5, 2011

OBX - Summer 2011

Despite missing two days of our vacation because of Hurricane Irene, we still made it to the Outer Banks and had a great week.

Alex had her BFF Miss Jennifer...



Zach had his buddy Jeff...



And we had our friends Leslie and Scott...




There was a lot of fun pool time...










Even the dog got to swim :)

 


The boys went crabbing and fishing... 

 




Alex LOVED - I mean LOVED the hot tub!  I' think Santa needs to bring her one for Christmas!



We had fun at the beach...









 

So much fun a nap was in order :)


We relaxed...




And we smiled a whole lot and enjoyed each other's company!



 We wished we had the two days that we missed because of the storm, but we crammed a lot in and it was a great way to spend the last week of summer vacation.  We ate AMAZING dinners every night, played corn hole, enjoyed the kids and each other.  Once again, it was SO nice to have Jennifer with us.  She left her brand new hubby at home to be with us and Aaron and I truly had the opportunity to relax (I actually read a WHOLE book - 522 PAGES!!) and Jennifer was always doing something with Alex - swimming in the pool, going on walks, playing in the hot tub - she even gave Alex a pedicure with fancy purple nail polish! :)  I love how Jennifer has remained a part of our family - I don't think that will ever change and I love the love she has for our girl.  We're already planning next year's trip!

Well, lots to do for the FIRST day back to school tomorrow.  The kids are definitely excited.  Zach's got his clothes all laid out and every time I mention the bus coming for Alex tomorrow she squeals and gets super excited!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Awesome pictures! It looks like you had a great time! I'm so glad that it worked out that you could still salvage a vacation - with good weather, too!

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

So sorry that Irene stole a couple days from the trip, but glad you were able to make the most of it.

Great pictures...it's clear y'all had a great time. So many big smiles.

We're so glad you chose the Outer Banks for your vacation.

We'd love to help you plan your next OBX trip. Please let us know if we can help.

Have fun!

Seaside Vacations
OuterBanksVacations.com

4820 N. Croatan Hwy
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
(866) 884-0267
Blog.OuterBanksVacations.com