I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day Of School!

Yesterday was the first day back to school and well, let's just say someone was REALLY happy about that!






Unfortunately for my pictures, it was absolutely pouring, lightening and thundering when her bus came.  I can guarantee you though, I am almost positive my entire neighborhood was woken up by the sounds of her happy screams.  She was so excited to see her bus and I an so happy that we have the same awesome bus driver and aide that she had last year.  She and Tabitha had a great first day and I know she's thrilled to be back with all of her friends and back in a routine.




Zach was super excited to get to school as well.  My big second grader!


He picked this outfit out all by himself when we went school shopping.  He looks so grown up.

Because we were on vacation we missed Open House - which is when the kids get to meet their teacher, find their desk, put all of their supplies in the appropriate places, etc. so he got a little anxious and nervous once we got to his classroom.  All of the kids were sitting down working on an assignment and waiting for the bell to ring and we were trying to get his desk organized, but by the time I left he was fine.  When I got him off the bus I asked how his day went and he said "GREAT" - "Second grade is so easy!"  Ha ha - just wait my love :)

Today Alex had therapy at 5PM so rather than dragging Zach and Ronica with me in the rain, I asked Ronica if she minded staying with Zach and working on his homework.  I was SO impressed when I got home and he showed me his homework...for a boy, I think his penmanship is pretty great!



My day starts at 5:30AM now with the new routine with me having to get ready for work and the kids having to be out of the house at the same so I'm not a fan of that, but I am looking forward to this school year and all of the exciting things that await them!

No comments: