I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  We definitely did!! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve celebration at my parent's house with my brother and sister-in-law, my sister and brother-in-law, his mom and dad and my nieces - and what a feast my parents prepared!  The kids had so much fun being together and opening their presents.  It was a late night for Alex and by the time we got home it was after 10:00, way past her 7:00 bedtime.  She was up at 3:50 in the morning and was squealing so loud she woke the entire house up - of course Zach came running into our room and wanted to know if Santa came and if it was time to open presents.  Ugh!  No, Zach, please, please go back to bed!  Thankfully he did, and I actually had to wake him up at 8:30 to tell him Santa had come.  I took him downstairs and he was so excited to see all the presents under the tree....BUT....he didn't want to open anything right away, he wanted to wait for Aaron to finish getting Alex ready and she was downstairs with him.  When they came downstairs, he STILL didn't want to open anything because he wanted to help Alex open her presents first.  I thought that was so sweet and kind of him.  No wonder Santa had him on the Nice List! :)

Christmas day we had a great brunch at our house with my parents and my girlfriend Dana.  And, IT SNOWED - on Christmas!  It was an awesome day being together and enjoying all the excitement in the house.  

Here's a little video from our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...only 359 days until we get to do it all over again :)


1 comment:

Christy said...

Beautiful! So many smiles! And I'm glad that you got to be in a few of those pics, too!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!