I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Here We Go Again....

Without going into detail, we are "nurseless" again.  I am so frustrated.  It is so hard having random strangers come into your home, have your children get attached, have them get to know details about you and your routines that normal people wouldn't know about you only to have them be gone in a matter of weeks.  I'm EXTREMELY frustrated for the reasons this last nurse didn't work out and I'm so frustrated that someone can come into our lives, see what we go through on a daily basis and basically just have no regard for anyone but themselves.  We so often think that because Alex cannot communicate that she doesn't understand what's going on, but I can tell you that she certainly does.  She was very upset when we Audretta left - she even went on a mini food strike.  When we discussed the newest nurse leaving she cried, and I mean cried.  It has an effect on Zach too - he talks about it, and he asks LOTS of questions.  I don't want a revolving door of people in and out of our lives, I don't want everyone to get attached and then have to deal with that person leaving in a short time frame.  Nursing is "supposed" to make our lives easier, but it honestly makes things very complicated and difficult.  I'm praying we find someone who will be a permanent fixture for a while - someone who will love their job and love and care for Alex -- I'm not sure if it's a pipe dream, but I can hope.

Sorry for the rant - like I said - I'm FRUSTRATED!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Donna,

I hope for that too. I cant tell you how much I pray for that to happen. Alex is such an amazing person and she deserves absolutely the very best. You give that to her, as does your whole family. I dont know what is wrong with these people who dont see what an amazing opportunity they have in working for you and with Alex. When you work with someone as special as Alex you get back so much more than you could ever possibly give. It makes me so angry when stupid people happen. But I have faith that someone who will truly appreciate and love Alex will come soon.

Ann said...

I found your blog from Harlie's blog. I totally understand the stress of new nurses. We've been lucky to have the same nurse for my son the last 8 years -- with a few new ones scattered in there one a day week over those years. I cannot even "go there" when I think of losing our primary nurse - someone who knows my son as well as I do. I so hope and pray that you find someone soon who will bond with Alex, fit in with your family and make the commitment to all of you that you need and deserve. Hugs.