I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Monument Avenue 10K!

What a difference a year makes!  Last year Alex was signed up to run the Monument Avenue 10K but due to a series of illnesses she couldn't (click here to read about last years race).  When we had to pull Alex out at the last minute her amazing Inclusive Racing family had her there in spirit and ran with a cardboard picture of her.  This year I'm happy to report she was there in person and had the best time!

Meet Team Alex!! 
Madison, Katie, Jenny, Caitlin, Glenn, Dennis, Nathan and Teresa

As if running with Alex wasn't enough, the girls that were running with her all had matching headbands and they had one for Alex too!


This is the second time we've run with Nate and sometimes when you meet someone, you just instantly know they are good people and you adore them - I do adore you Nate!!  Nate made an Alex sign for the side of running stroller so the folks along the way could cheer her name.



Inclusive Racing had quite a few athletes this year!!!  

This picture speaks volumes to me.  First of all, it means the word about Inclusive is getting out and more and more people get to experience the sheer joy of running with this group.  But secondly, and I say this every race, it shows how many amazing people there are out there that are willing to sacrifice their personal race times and sacrifice their time and energy for people who wouldn't otherwise be able to enjoy this experience.  I'm getting super teary eyed just writing this but, as her mom, I do not have enough words of thanks, gratitude and appreciation for these runners that give her this gift. When I see the joy on her face as she gets her medal or see her smiling face when she runs by us at whatever mile marker we are at, I say a prayer of special thanks for these amazing people.  

(For more information on Inclusive Racing you can visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/InclusiveRacing/)


The excitement and enthusiasm of Team Alex was contagious!!





Congratulations Team Alex on a race well run - they finished in 58:26!

This beautiful smile sums up her race experience and says it all.  

And this, this right here warms my heart more than anything.  This is the pinnacle of race day.  This is what they mean by a picture is worth a thousand words.  This is pure beauty and this is what an amazing heart looks like.

No comments: