I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Did You Know...?

...that in 2011 the mayor of Lewiston, New York gave Alex a key to the city and signed a proclamation and declared March 19th Alexandra Elizabeth Hayes Day? 



 
So, naturally, we celebrate Alex Day on March 19th! :)
 

Zach and I made her poster this year - unfortunately Daddy had to work and couldn't take part in our festivities.

We made brownies and had some cupcakes too :)  
 
Alex and Tammy

The best little brother ever

She couldn't stop laughing at me...she was happy with Alex Day :)


Thrilled to have friends to celebrate with :)  My friend Lynda's girls Jessica and Samantha

My friends Lynda and Mesa - it was all still just too funny!

Alex was super excited about the brownies.  Whenever we asked her if she wanted a cupcake she squinted her eyes tight to say "no!" - but when we asked if she wanted a brownie, those eyebrows shot up over and over again.  At one point when the brownies were in the oven she lifted her head and turned it as far towards the oven as she could and when I mentioned the word brownie she would whip her head towards me to look for it.  She's so funny sometimes.

 
I don't think she was disappointed!
 

 
My sweet, sweet Zach - who despite wanting to know when there could be a special Zach Day, he goes with the flow and is fine with his sister getting some extra attention.  He smiles, contributes and is happy for her and does what he can to participate to make her happy.  Truly my joy.

2 comments:

Twila said...

That is so neat!!!

moxie3 said...

EVERY day is Zach Day! He is such a special little boy.