I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my birthday and I have to admit - I'm not one of those people that dreads their birthday each year - I LOVE celebrating my birthday. Aaron and I went away Saturday night with our friends and neighbors to start my birthday week off and we had a great time! Yesterday I got to work and my friend Catey, an amazing pastry chef, made me this beautiful cake...

All of my girlfriends took me to lunch at my favorite restaurant and gave me the most beautiful cards and gifts - their sentiments really touched me.

I left work and got home and Aaron had balloons hanging on our mailbox and had gifts and a cake on the table waiting for me.


Sissy was very happy to eat the tissue paper in my gifts!

She loved the singing of Happy Birthday and held on to my arm the whole time...


Aaron got me two new Pandora charms (a girl and a boy to represent the kids) for my bracelet...

Jennifer helped the kids make me very special cards and she reorganized my pantry - NOT an easy task!

After those festivities I went and had dinner with my mom and sister, who as well spoiled me with beautiful cards and wonderful presents.



I truly, truly, truly, had an amazing birthday and feel SO incredibly blessed for all of the wonderful people in my life!

No comments: