I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Giving Back

So many people have done so many wonderful things for Alex, that I started thinking a few months ago about how we could give a little something back. I came up with donating Alex's hair. Personally I think she has the most beautiful hair, even if it's almost always up in a ponytail! So today she, and her best bud, Jenni had an appointment at a hair salon so they could both donate their hair. After a lot of research Jenni found out that Locks of Love charges clients for wigs on a sliding scale. She found two foundations that don't charge people for the wigs that they receive, so we went with those. Jenni's mom Sherri drove to the salon Ahead of Hair this morning and they said they would cut their hair free of charge, so at 2:00 today, this is how it went:


Getting ready to measure...

One last look at the back!The first ponytail cut...The actual haircut...
Time to style it!The two ponytails that will be donated to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths:
The stylist who cut her hair was really great. She was so nervous that she was going to cut Alex that she was literally shaking! She did an amazing job considering Alex was pretty much a moving target!

Here are two of her before shots:



And here's my beauty queen after she's donated 8 1/2 inches!




So beautiful!


Now it's Jenni's turn! (She has a LOT of hair!!!) She donated 12 1/2 inches to Wigs for Kids.


Last shot of the back!

The first ponytail cut...


Let the styling begin!

The finishing touches....

The finished product!



Here is a picture of the girls yesterday...
And here they are checking each other out today! :)
Beautiful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly cow did I have some hair before! Also I didn't realise how dark it was in that salon...or do I have that dark of hair? You can't even see the cute style. I say that because it will never be that cute again.

I am sooooooooo glad that Bean and I did this together!

Anonymous said...

I think Alex's hair looks very cute short :)

Christy said...

Love it. Love it. Love it!!! Seriously, I think it suits her well. Too cute!