I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm SO excited!

Quick post...I just got an e-mail this morning that Alex's laptop and Living Books Software have been approved through the Technical Assistance portion of her waiver!! I am so excited for this to arrive - the things we can do with that, along with her switches, are huge toward her cognitive gains in cause and effect and communication! She loves to use the computer at school and I can't wait to integrate all of that at home!!! :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

All mom and I remember is being at the Expo and Alex was SCREAMING till we took her over to the computers. She was so into it and wanted to use it so badly.

Oh and this will be great...one more kid will be able to use the computer better than mom! :) She doesn't like that comment much, but said it would make you laugh.