I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Alex Day!

Thanks to our fabulous Uncle Louie and our family in Niagara Falls, there was an amazing benefit for Alex in 2011.  The mayor was there and he gave Alex a key to the city and a proclamation that declared March 19th Alexandra Elizabeth Hayes Day.
 
Every March 19th we celebrate "Happy Alex Day"
 
This year we were lucky to have Grandma Joan and Papa John with us.  They have been travelling for the last three weeks to a few of the south east and western states and their plans initially did not have their route home travelling by us, but they changed their route and arrived on Wednesday.
 
Grandma Joan, Papa John, MeMe and Papa
 
Zach made her a special poster to help decorate...
 
I love his kind spirit so much and even though I KNOW he would like to have an additional day during the year for himself, he just smiles and goes along with everything.
 
 
There were balloons, and of course, a tiara.  No party is complete without a tiara :)
 
 
We had pizza and beautiful cupcakes that Papa John bought for her.
 

Life is good with cupcakes!

And Grandma Joan bought her beautiful flowers to celebrate her day.
 
With all the bad in the world and all of the extra "stuff" we always have to endure I always try to find reasons for celebration and my kids are always cause for celebration in my eyes.
 

No fair that Daddy always gets a bigger smile though :)


So Happy Alex Day sweet girl - I hope you feel and know just how very loved you are.  Every day. 
 

No comments: