I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Round Two!

Yesterday was round two for the casting.  Alex was not a very happy camper to begin with that is for sure.  She cried a bunch, especially when Shannon stretched her a little further - BUT, her legs are stretching - YEAY!  I knew they were, I could tell a pretty big difference over the weekend.  It was much easier to get her casts back on, and when we stand her up she will still start out with her knees bent, but after a few seconds, she straightens them and stands up a little taller.  Last week she started out with her left knee at negative 25 and yesterday it was a negative 15.  Her right knee was at a negative 20 and yesterday it was a negative 12!  Progress!!!! 

You can tell from her face in these two pictures that she is not happy. 



She was a lot more guarded during the whole procedure too - she kept her arms really close to her chest and was uneasy about the whole thing.  I kept telling her they weren't staying on, but I don't think she was buying it!


We changed it up this time and did one purple cast and one pink cast!


And then they were cut back off so we could bi-valve them again.  I thought about maybe seeing if we could not bi-valve them, but then I thought back to last week and immediately dismissed that!  Plus with how upset Alex was, I knew it wasn't an option.
 
 
 
We had to leave the casts at Children's so they could be completely bi-valved so she's still in last weeks casts.  It's definitely an aggressive stretch this time so we will see how she does.  I hope and pray we have the same success and progress next week!!

No comments: