I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Merry Christmas!

I've been trying to blog for weeks but it has been such a crazy time.  Between the normal busyness, the holidays, current issues Alex is having and her bathroom being in full renovation stages it's been crazier than usual.

I had every intention of sending out  our Christmas card this year and well, that didn't happen.  The only picture I got was Rudy's!

My sweet boy!
Perhaps I should have asked Santa for a new camera this year.  I get an EPIC fail on picture taking this year because my camera started dying a few months ago and it finally bit the bullet on Christmas morning.  I took one picture Christmas Eve before my camera went dead so I have no pictures from the amazing Christmas Eve family dinner my parents hosted in their beautiful new home except for this one of Aaron and Alex.  say it a lot, but I just love the bond between the two of them and I love how Aaron is looking at her in this picture.  


I'm thankful I got some pictures on Christmas morning before it died for good.  I'm just sorry I have no pictures from the incredible feast and presents and family time we had at my sister's house.



My kids didn't even have Christmas pj's this year!  Oh well, it's the memories we made, not the clothes they were wearing, right?!?  We've never asked him to, but in true Zach fashion, he wanted to help Alex open her presents first.





Then it was Daddy's turn to help!


...and finally, it was his turn :) 


I think he was on the nice list this year and made out pretty good! :) 





Right before Christmas Jacob's Chance had it's annual Santa Merry Mall and the kids got to 'go shopping' for Aaron and I - they were paired with buddies so they could shop and wrap presents for us so that we would have surprises under the tree from each of them.  Zach wanted to make sure he got a picture of me opening up the beautiful earrings he got for me.  He was so excited to give them to me and I loved that they got to have that experience and be excited about giving.  




I'd say everyone had a good Christmas! 



From our home to yours, we hope you had a very Merry Christmas and that you have a happy and healthy New Year!


I have so much to catch up on, even though we are more than half way through January, I've set several goals for myself for 2016 and I'm hoping and praying I can institute them and have a little extra time for things like blogging! 

No comments: