I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Walking!

 
I took Alex to therapy this morning so Aaron could go be honored for his service as a Marine at Zach's Veteran's Day program at his school.  I couldn't help but get just a bit teary eyed watching her walking this morning.  She's 'graduated' to a walker that she's not strapped into.  Other than Shannon helping her to facilitate her actual steps to shift between legs, there's really nothing else holding her up - no seat to sit on, no Velcro straps, no harness.  Just my girl and a walker!  We get a new piece of equipment next Tuesday that I really think is going to just further her improvement -I'm so anxious to see how she'll do! Here's a quick video - I wish I could have recorded longer but because of other patient's privacy I had to cut it short!
 
Don't mind the bandana in her mouth - it was either that or shower Kristen again :)
 
I am SO, SO, SO proud of my girl.  She is trying SO hard to get this walking thing down and even at the point where she lost her bearings, she worked through it with Shannon's help and was able to right herself again.  You go beans - you are a ROCK STAR!!!!! 

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's fantastic! Rockstar indeed!