I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

It's Official....

We have a teenager :)

My sweet girl turned 13 on Sunday.


On Friday afternoon I went to her school to bring cupcakes to celebrate with her class.  Her teacher was so sweet and put flowers on the table and set nice napkins out :)


When I got to her classroom she wasn't there, she was in her elective class, which is Art.  Once the bell rang a boy that I didn't recognize walked into her classroom and handed me a card he had made for Alex for her birthday.  


He asked that we please made sure we turned the card over and read it to Alex.  I don't think he knew I was her mom, and I'm not even sure how he knew it was her birthday, but the card touched me in such a profound way.  He had drawn a picture of the art room on the front and on the back he wrote this:

Alex is the best and the coolest
She is awesome and the nicest person I have ever met
She is very lady like, she is sweet and she is filled with dreams 
and he signed it - Your friend.

I asked her teacher who the boy was and she said she had no idea. She said that Alex had so many friends at school and most were "typical" peers.  I really cannot put into words how that makes me feel.  I am so happy for Alex and her new school experience.  

On Saturday we had her friends over to celebrate - it was a full house :) 

Alex enjoyed getting lots of birthday love from her friend Makayla




And her best friend Jule!

And she really loves when you sing Happy Birthday to her!




When we were done singing she wanted lots of hugs and kisses from us - she kept pulling us to her





After cake she was completely spoiled with presents!

It was a great day for her and we felt so much love for her by everyone that was there.  We were sad for those that weren't able to be with us but know she is just as loved by those that couldn't be there.  

On Sunday morning she got a personal birthday serenade from Zach :)

We spent the day together as a family and took her out shopping for her to pick out a birthday present.



Alex loves Sing-A-Long dvd's - she has every Sing-A-Long princess dvd and she loves them, and she loves the movie Frozen, so when we saw there was a Frozen Sing A Long DVD, it was  a no brainer! Only we were a little disappointed when we got home - we thought it would just be a compilation of Frozen songs, but it was actually the whole movie in it's entirety, just with the words on the bottom of the screen.  Oh well.  Alex loves music too, and she got some great music CD's for her birthday so she also got a new pair of Frozen headphones that she is really enjoying.

It's so funny to see her rocking out to music, she looks just a typical teenager :) 

Happy 13th birthday Alex.  Welcome to your teen years!  We know the years ahead will hold more exciting adventures for you and we'll make sure you enjoy all there is for you to enjoy.  You are so loved my girl. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Belated Birthday Alex!