I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Not sure how many more Halloween posts I'll have.  Both of the kids did not want to dress up this year!  I asked Alex several times if she wanted to dress up and she kept giving me her hard eye blink for no.  Every time we were at a store I would show her costume after costume, blink, blink, blink.  Jennifer took her out shopping and showed her some costumes too, blink.  Sigh.  I finally showed her some mouse ears and a nose and she rolled her eyes and gave me the eyebrows up signaling a yes - it was more like an eye roll if I say yes will you please stop asking me kind of response. Guess it's not cool to dress up anymore once you hit middle school!


Zach and I carved pumpkins earlier in the week.  Unfortunately Aaron was working and Alex had been wiped out all week from coming off her intensive pt and getting back into a school routine.

 Rudy was very interested in the whole pumpkin carving event.

Zach didn't want to use one of the carving templates and just wanted to free style his own pumpkin face.

 I think he did a great job :) 

I was informed by a certain 5th grader that 5th grade is all about being cool.  And I supposed if you're "cool" you don't dress up for Halloween.  I, however, vetoed the "coolness" and pushed the issue so since he eats, breathes and sleeps basketball, he agreed to being a Zombie basketball player.




After trick-or-treating our friends John and Noreen had a little get together at their house and the kids had a scavenger hunt and played flash light tag, they had a really great time.

And one of our other neighbors was giving hay rides all night throughout the neighborhood.  He dropped the back of his trailer and Alex was able to roll right up and be part of all of the fun!

 


 Zach then became a zombie mouse basketball player :) 

                

Despite the resistance by both of them at first, I think they had a really fun Halloween; and Zach has definitely been enjoying all of the loot he otherwise would not have gotten if he played it cool :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you guys are awesome....31

Susan said...

You prevailed. I love the costumes. One day they'll thank you for keeping Halloween alive for them as long as possible.