I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Intensive and Seizures

We are into week 2 of intensive physical therapy and Alex is doing really well.  Each time she goes into intensive she makes me realize just how hard she works and how proud I am of her.  If I wake up in the morning and am tired, or sore, I have the option of not getting out of bed to go exercise.  Alex doesn't get that option - sore or not, tired or not, she's at therapy every day for 3 hours a day.  This week she hasn't been feeling so great and she's still at it, and mostly with a smile on her face.

Here's a picture Tammy took of her last week with her "genie hairdo" - sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

 
This last week was really rough on her, on top of intensive physical therapy, she had seizures almost every night, and that left her REALLY tired.  Her neurologist and I spoke at the end of the week and she is still on 2 different seizure meds three times a day, we've just upped her Zonegran to 150mg's in the evening.  I'm glad it's only the evening dose because it makes her super tired.  We will talk again in two weeks to see how the increase is working out and we'll go in for a blood draw in another month to make sure her levels are still in range.  Thankfully she rested most of Saturday so she was ready for her super awesome dance Saturday night! :)

No comments: