I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Feeling Grateful

I woke up this morning feeling really grateful.  I can't explain it, but I just had this incredible calm and started thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for.  Aaron and I have a little more than usual on our plates, we have some big decisions we are in the middle of and Alex's seizures are rearing their ugly head again to name a few.  As I started thinking about my day and all of the things I needed to be stressed out about I thought of a saying I heard - "Don't miss the blessings in your life because you are too busy counting your troubles".  Often times it's REAL easy to get caught up in our troubles, lord knows we have our fair share! 
 
One thing that has really put a smile on my face is this paper Zach brought home from school.  Zach couldn't understand why I cried when I read it.
 
 
For all the things I feel like I do wrong, this makes it all seem so right.
 
And this sweet girl just graduated from her Intensive Therapy program.  I'm so grateful she has the opportunity to do this therapy each year, for her amazing therapist Shannon and the incredible progress she seems to be making.   For all she goes through on a daily basis she always has a smile to share, and I should take lessons from her more often.
 

Who knows what tomorrow will bring so for today, I'm enjoying all of  my blessings! 

1 comment:

Susan said...

What your son wrote was so sweet! You are obviously doing a lot of things right.