I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL?!?

I signed Alex up for FLAG FOOTBALL!!  Alex plays baseball and basketball through Jacob's Chance/River City Buddy Ball and we decided to give football a try.  Alex loves to be on the move so baseball is a little challenging because there's a lot of down time, but football is pretty constant movement and she LOVED it!! :) 


Just look at that smile! :) 

For basketball her favorite buddy is Mr. Steve.  Needless to say she was quite happy to be reunited with him for football.  She kept wanting to hold his hand.


#8 for the Buccaneers!


Alex with Steve and Fernando, her other 'running back'!  



And it was fun seeing lots of our friends, like Kelly!

Time for some plays!!
 


Steve making sure Alex had a tight hold on the ball...


....before running in for a play!


The game was AWESOME!

Here's my other most favorite part of the morning.   This is Matthew.


Matthew has been so sweet and kind since the minute we first found Buddy Ball 3 years ago accidentally when we walked in early for one of Zach's basketball games.  I have countless pictures of Alex and Matthew and one special one of them staring at each other that Matthew's mom gave me that's framed in her room.  We love Matthew.

During the game a few of us decided that we were going to plan a home coming dance for the kids - just like every other school and football team gets to have.  So we are going to have a tailgate/football game in the morning and then a dance for the kids in the evening. When Jennifer, Matthew's mom, mentioned the dance to Matthew he walked over to Alex and she immediately grabbed his hand.  He said "Alex, I have something to ask you - would you like to go to the home coming dance with me?!?"  And Alex smiled and giggled and starting flapping her arms up and down - so I turned to Matthew and said, "Matthew, I do believe Alex just accepted your invitation!"  And with that Matthew turned around to his mother and said, "Now I need to get a tux.....and after a second he added on.....and some cologne!"   Right after that Zach turned to me and said "Mom, I think I need to be a chaperone!"  What a smile that brought to my face - and  I still smile every time I think about it.

We had such a great morning - I can't wait for next Saturday - GO BUCCANEERS! :) 

No comments: