I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mom's 70th!

Mom celebrated her 70th birthday on June 22nd.  It was hard to come up with a date for all of us to celebrate her as a family because her social calendar was so full!  I think in total she had 6 different birthday cakes and spent her actual birthday back in New York celebrating with her brothers and then life long friends and attending a wedding.
 
We all finally got together two weekends ago to celebrate.
 
Emily, Shane, Dana and Will
 
Jason, Danny, Twila and Renea
 
Cameron and Abigail


Zach and Meme

 

Alex and Meme

 
The whole gang

 
Present time!

Beautiful frame from Danny and Twila
 
 
A great card and some pretty awesome words from Zach
 
 
A flower pot that Alex and Tammy made - and apparently Alex was very interested in reading 70 Things To Do When You Turn 70! :)
 
 
Then it was time for cake....only not your traditional type of cake!  Since Mom had already had so many bakery style cakes my sister and I presented mom with her very own money cake!
 

It took me two days to make it, but I'm not going to lie - I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!



I think Mom was too!  

 

 
 
I've blogged about what an amazing person my mom is before here- and all of that still rings very true.  My sister had posted some pictures of my mom's birthday celebration on facebook and it was not surprsing, but still so touching to see all of the comments pouring in about my mom, birthday mesages and mesages about how special she is.   It was nice to see so many people recognizing what we already know about what an amazing person she is.  Mom's always there for me and I'm often told how lucky I am to have such amazing parents - I know that and it's not something I take for granted.  So one last time, happy happy birthday Meme, my friend, my mom!


No comments: