I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Random Stuff

Thank you for all of the love last week - I am feeling SO much better!  I had a follow-up this week and my kidneys are looking better and no additional follow-up is needed so all is good!
 
There's no rhyme or reason to this post - in no particular order here are just some random things I wanted to post about.
 
Last weekend Aaron, as usual, totally stepped up to the plate and got the kids where they needed to be while I was in bed. I love that he is so involved in all the kids do and that things don't have to come to a screeching halt for the them because I got sick.
 
Alex has now checked her fourth Inclusive Racing race off her list and she participated in Abby's 5K Race for Hope.
 

This race she ran with the one and only Sarah Armstrong who she gets to hang out with when she's rocking out her therapy at Richmond Hope Therapy.

 
 
I know I say it every race, but she truly, truly enjoys the whole running experience!
 
Zach also got his second 5K under his belt and ran as well!
 

 



Speaking of Zach, he is doing so well with his piano playing - he had a recital two weekends ago and his teacher said both of his songs were absolutely perfect and there was zero detection of nerves during the recital.  I love to listen to him play and thankfully he's humoring me for the time being!



Two weeks ago was Zach's school Field Day - which can only mean that the end of the school year is drawing near - this year was a really great year for him and it's really hard to believe how fast this year went.  I can't even begin to think about him being a FIFTH grader next year.  Gulp!



Alex has been playing baseball with River City Buddy Ball when her busy social calendar allows :)  A few weekends ago the theme was "Disco Day" so Alex showed up in her finest disco look!   Makes me chuckle every time I look at it.


On to the cat - poor Max never gets any blog recognition :)  I bought the dog a dog bed a while back - and I have to keep a real close eye on it because Rudy LOVES to eat his beds.  I can't put it in his crate because that's just an automatic guarantee it will be in shreds within 5 minutes so I've been leaving it up in my room for when the dog's hanging out upstairs with us.  Our cat, Max, however has decided that Rudy's rightful place is on the floor and he's taking ownership of the bed.  Rudy tried to get a bone that he buried in the corner of the doggie bed while the cat was trying to take a nap - it wasn't pretty for Rudy - Max gave him quite the beat down!  Zach and I brought Max home when Zach was three years old - and on our way home we stopped at the store to pick up all the things we need for the new kitty and Zach picked up this little brown teddy bear for the cat.  I explained to Zach that cat's weren't really interested in stuffed animals, they were more into strings and little mice toys - but Zach really thought Max should have it - so, we got it.  Anyway - fast forward six years and Max just absolutely loves his "baby" - he sleeps with that little teddy bear - carries it around, gives it a bath - it's the cutest thing to watch him with it.  So not only did Max move into his new kitty bed - he makes sure that baby is comfortably sleeping with him as well :)  How cute is that?


Finally, this week started swim team practice!  Have to say, I was not envious of those kids at all - it has been pretty cool lately and that water is NOT warm!!!  Brrrr!!!!!  But, Zach is part fish and totally psyched that it's swim team time!


Here's to a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for having Alex and Zach participate in Abby's race. Sorry that you were so sick and couldn't be there. (sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to Aaron either) Hope they had fun!!