I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

TV Debut!

We have had a pretty extraordinary week as far as the fundraiser and We Heart Harlie and Friends Foundation goes! 

Last Monday I received a phone call NBC12 News was coming to our house to do a story on my friend Lynda - the founder of We Heart Harlie and Friends Foundation!  It was a surprise for Lynda and she had no idea what we were up to, but we could never repay her for all that she does for this foundation and what she is doing to help our girls.  Lynda truly puts her heart and soul into the foundation and the event and we wanted to thank her in some way.  NBC12 runs a story each week called Acts of Kindness, and as I said to them when we initially talked "Lynda is truly a remarkable person with the most kind and loving spirit that truly deserves recognition for volunteering all of her time and energy on helping others - I can think of no greater act of kindness than to sacrifice all of your time to make a difference in the lives of others." 
 
So, we met with Sabrina Squire and Matt, "our" camera man last Thursday and it was such a great experience.  They could not have been any nicer or made us feel any more comfortable if they tried.  They got over an hour of footage so we were all really anxious to see what the piece would look like in just 3 or 4 minutes. 
 
I can't describe it, but the feel in my house that afternoon was just happy - I really don't know how else to explain it.  After Sabrina and Matt left we toasted ourselves and the foundation and talked and laughed.  Given everything we all have going on on any given day, at any given moment, for just a few hours we acted like we really didn't have a care in the world.  And we all had the same thing in common and sometimes it's just really nice to be in a crowd where you aren't the odd man out.
 
So.....here is the link to our story that aired on the 5:00 news last night!!!  I am SO proud to call these ladies my friends.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw it ~ Jen forwarded the link. Loved it ~ made me cry (like your blog often does!!!) good luck on Saturday. Be well and feel the love ~ Ellen
PS ~ you ladies deserve the toast!