I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Time for Baseball!

I have no idea why, but I'm in a funk.  I'm in a bad mood and pretty much have been for the last week and as the saying goes "If Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy." Zach and Aaron have both asked why I'm in such a bad mood and I have no answer.  I'm beginning to get on my own nerves so I feel for them.
 
Yesterday was the first baseball game of the season with River City Buddy Ball.  She and Daddy went up to receive her t-shirt and hat....
 
 
 

 
She's on the Orioles this year :)



It was a perfect day for a baseball game.  I will say Alex has been in a REALLY bad mood lately too  - I don't know if she's picking it up from me or it's her allergies, or what - she's sleeping a lot and just plain ole grumpy.  Poor boys - both of the girls are grumpy!


When it was her turn up to bat she wasn't too thrilled with the helmet.

 Daddy and Zach helped her hit the ball...


...and got her around all of the bases....

Coming in to home plate!  It was a little more exciting then their faces are letting on :)

This year Buddy Ball introduced Cheerleading!  Shannon's daughter Makayla is one of the cheerleaders - and one of Alex's biggest cheerleaders  - she is SO sweet with her.  She's asking for a high five here and she kept wiping Alex's face and giving her her Chewy P she was so loving and sweet :)


Sharing the love!

By the time we took this picture she was tired and more than ready to head home.

Today we went to the park for a little bit - I was hoping getting out and soaking up some Vitamin D would help my mood!

Zach has been itching to go fishing...



Sissy and I took off on some trails and had a really nice long walk.

Rudy had been outside all day long and then ran a good walk with me at the park so he took a little bit of a break and enjoyed a little bit of a free ride.

A little extra loving from Daddy....

Zach wasn't thrilled when it was time to leave, but the fish weren't biting at all, not that he cared!


Tomorrow we have physical therapy first thing in the morning and then we're heading up to Charlottesville to see her surgeon.  Here's hoping we both wake up in a better mood!

No comments: