I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy Easter!

I'm a week late, but it's been an extremely busy week!!
 
Alex LOVES when we color Easter eggs so I always look forward to coloring eggs with her and Zach. 
 
 


Normally we make silly eggs and decorate them all crazy, but this year we changed it up and just decided to keep 'em simple.


 

 
Minus the drool, I love how she's looking at Zach like "Do you see my pink egg?!?"  These are the times I so wish I could hear her voice!



It's a fun family activity that we all can do together and have fun with!
 
It's the little things....that's pure joy right there!

The bunny came, hid the eggs and left their baskets.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that basketball is pretty huge for Zach so the basketball sleeve that he got clearly had him in awe ;)

And Alex was pretty pleased with her pinkalicious basket :)


Off to find the eggs....
 
 
...with Alex not really weight bearing at all it was quite the work out for Daddy - especially since he worked the whole night before and was pretty exhausted.


It was pretty comical to me how interested and involved the dog wanted to be!  He followed Zach's every single move - maybe he smelled chocolate!



 


When all the eggs were found I was super impressed that Zach wanted to divide all the eggs up so he and Alex were equal.


Happy girl.

She was very engaged investigating everything.

This microphone echos when you talk into it and it's something she finds hysterical, she laughs into it every single time I hold it up to her :)


Aaron helped Zach check out his loot :)

Later that afternoon we went to my parents to have dinner with the family.  While the house smelled DELICIOUS, I wish I could say dinner was amazing, but I'm a 21 day cleanse so I couldn't eat any of it....that was hard!!!

Zach and his cousin Emily checking out their baskets from Grandma Pam.

And, of course, Alex was in her glory with her Papa.

Alex and her cousin Abby

Shane and his mom, Pam.  My poor sister had the flu so she wasn't with us :(



After dinner sissy and Me-Me took a nice walk

Me and my brother

 
Jason, Danny and Twila

As always, a nice family day.


No comments: