I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Fun!

In 11 days my kids have been to school ONE time thanks to "snow".  Being from New York I use the term "snow" very loosely.  We had two "snow storms" totaling about 4".  Cracks me up.
 
Great time for some family time though.  Typically, we bring the snow INSIDE for Alex.  This time we bundled her up and took her out with us...
 
I think she was super excited :)

 
Aaron loves four wheeling, which in turn makes Zach love four wheeling - and Alex LOVES four wheeling, she loves the wind in her face and loves sticking her tongue out the whole time she's on a ride.   There aren't many 'typical' activities we can include her in that we know she totally loves, so even though Aaron had worked all night the night before and only had a few hours of sleep, he loaded his girl up and she and her daddy went for a cruise :)


See....doesn't matter how cold it is - tongue is out!

It was C-O-L-D, but she was happy!!!!

Then it was Zach's turn - unbeknownst to me, Aaron had taught him how to drive the four wheeler on some of their guys trips so he wanted to ride alone.


Have to say I was pretty impressed he knew how to handle that four wheeler.

 
So impressed I let him take me for a ride!  We had so much fun - but it was C-O-L-D!!

This is the whopping two and a half inches of snow Zach was measuring - at least we used some math skills while school was out!


Snow fun with my boy :)

Even Rudy had fun in the snow.  Poor guy - he's so low to the ground though that when he comes inside the body heat from his fur forms lots of tiny little snow balls on his fur!!  He doesn't seem to really care - he hops through the snow like a little bunny!



When the phone rang last night and said there still wouldn't be any school today there was only one thing to do....make snow ice cream!




We finished up all of this weeks homework tonight, so here's hoping to two kids heading off to school in the morning - Alex is definitely missing riding the bus to school!!! 

No comments: