I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

We enjoyed a nice family day at my sister's house....who deserves a big thank you for hosting considering my brother-in-law had a procedure done the day before and was not feeling so hot! 


There are many things that I am grateful for, but the older I get, the more I truly value my family and I am so thankful for the different things each of them bring to my life.

 
 
I am thankful for the two beautiful children I was blessed with and all of the challenges and gifts that our life brings me, although some days are a lot harder than others.


I am thankful for Aaron's family that lives far away but often make the sacrifice to make the trip to spend time with us.

 
I am thankful for the extended family that we get to spend time with who are wonderful to my children as well.


I am thankful for the gift of friendship and that I'm lucky enough to have known my best friend since as far back as I can remember.


And I am thankful for the unconditional love of my husband.  I so often take for granted just how much he does for me and how deeply he loves me.



Zach loves spending time with his cousins and they had a great time playing guitar hero together.



Even Aaron had a fun time playing!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture of the 4 cousins together.

 Alex enjoyed lots of attention from everyone and sat up it a chair like a 'big' girl for the first time :)

 




 
  Me with my beautiful niece Abby and Zach
 

Uncle Danny with my other beautiful niece Emily - who wants to be a hunter like the rest of the boys.



I'm thinking this holiday season is going to be a little challenging with Alex having surgery in just two weeks so I really took the time on Thursday to take in all that I'm thankful for.  I really need to remind myself to do that more often during the year and not just on one dedicated day - it's amazing how it can really put things into perspective!

No comments: