I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy 70th Dad!

Last Sunday we got together as a family to celebrate Dad's 70th Birthday!


Of course Alex was thrilled to see her man and wish him a Happy Birthday - although she looks at him like that all the time, so....


Dad and his three kids

And with just his girls....
 
With his granddaughter's Abby and Emily

And his only grandson :)

I think Alex wanted a picture alone so she opted for a Popeye face :)

Mom and Dad

Dad and Aaron's mom Beverly



Sitting like a big girl and enjoying time with her Daddy!  

 
 Before dinner my mom asked every one at the table to share a memory or quality about my dad that stands out.  I will say it was a good thing that we had a private room because pretty much none of us got through what we had to say without crying.  So Dad, I hope you know just how very much you are loved, admired and respected and I hope you enjoyed your birthday.
 
I had planned on putting together a video of pictures of you with the family over the past few years, but as I was going through pictures from the past 5 years or so I kept coming up with more and more of you and you know who.....so.....I hope you enjoy - it certainly makes me smile and I thank you so much for all of the love you have for our girl and for how happy you make her.
 

No comments: